Thursday, February 26, 2009

Type IV: Styrofome Exploration....FAIL



After the paper bending experiments I started looking at some of the photographs that I took in the documentation process and came across some nice shapes that were coming out of the different perspective shots.  So I vectored ontop of the images of the abstracted letterforms and started playing with the 3d extrude and revolve tool to see how that effects them.  Then I decided to try to build the actual letterforms out of foam to see if I could make sense of the letters.  I used the letters D U and I and was going to see if the perspective of the way you looked at them would spell out DUI.  The foam experiment kind of was the worst idea ever considering it was a frieking mess and had horrible results. The letterforms were already abstracted enough and I couldn't achieve the precision of the light stroke weights of the abstracted letterform in the foam cuttings so now I think I am going to work strictly digitally and maybe do an alphabet of the abstracted letterforms or compare and contrast between typefaces. Ahhh... its coming down to the last few days of experimentation..

No comments: