Sunday, February 15, 2009

Type IV: Designers

I have not yet decided on a single designer, but I have been looking at a few different designers that are working in a similar area of typography that interests me.  Karina Peterson is a graphic designer who was experimenting with Three dimensional letter-forms and abstracting them so that when you look at them in different perspectives is creates different patterns and textures. I was also looking in to Oded Ezer who is a typographic artist, logo and type designer based out of Israel who also travels to do lectures and is also a typographic experimentalist in which his latest type experiment can be seen here.  I was also interested in anamorphic typography in which Axel Peemoller designed a parking garage direction system using anamorphic typography. I was thinking about combinding some of my three-dimensional type experiments with anamorphic typography and projecting them into three-dimensional spaces.  Also trying to create a three-dimensional anamorphic type letterform, in which when viewed at just the right angle one will be able to see the actual letterform.   In more research I came across another experimentalist who was working with the use of light and shadows to create letterforms.  He is looking at specifically what light does when passing through things and creates some interesting effects.  In my experiment with trying to combined letterforms together I started researching designers doing the same thing and I came across the name Marcus Schaefer who designed a three dimensional typeface called action types.  

No comments: